PROCTOSEDYL OINTMENT 15gmBe the first one to write a review
$21.99 in stockSKU 208361
This item is currently out of stock. If you would like us to email you when it is back in stock, send along your email address...
Proctosedyl Ointment 15gMany people suffer from hemorrhoids, which is a normal result of constipation or diarrhea. Many pregnant women also develop this condition during their 6th month due to the added pressure put on the blood vessels. Although it is not a serious condition, it can be painful and cause discomfort.
The common causes of this condition include: a low fiber diet, pregnancy, prolonged sitting on the toilet, obesity and diarrhea.
Proctosedyl Ointment is an effective treatment for haemorrhoids. It helps to offer relief from the discomfort of piles, haemorrhoids, fissures, tears, and other problems of the anus. With combined hydrocortisone, a steroid and cinchocaine hydrochloride, which is a local anaesthetic, these work together to help reduce swelling, numb pain and aid in providing relief from itching.
Proctosedyl Ointment may:
Help provide relief from the discomfort of piles, haemorrhoids, fissures, tears, and other problems of the anus.
Help in reducing the swelling, numbing of pain and relieving itching.
Features of Proctosedyl Ointment:
Combines the active ingredients: hydrocortisone, a steroid, and cinchocaine hydrochloride, a local anaesthetic.
Active Ingredients include:
Hydrocortisone 5 mg/g and cinchocaine hydrochloride 5 mg/g.
Inactive Ingredients: liquid paraffin white soft paraffin wool fat
- For best results, first go to the toilet and empty your bowels.
- Avoid to strain.
- Then wash and dry the anal area.
- Before and after using this product, make sure to wash your hands well with soap and water.
- If the affected area is on the surface, you may use your finger to apply just enough ointment to cover the painful area.
- If you need to apply PROCTOSEDYL Ointment deeper, you need the follow these simple steps:
- Screw the plastic nozzle (which is supplied in the carton) tightly on to the tube.
- Then gently insert the nozzle all the way into the rectum and squeeze the tube from the lower end, while at the same time withdrawing it from the rectum.
- If the area is very inflamed and painful, it is best to initially apply the ointment with a finger, rather than insert the nozzle.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have or have had any medical conditions, especially the following: 1) cuts or abrasions in the area of the anus eg. if there is blood on toilet paper or in the toilet after opening the bowels (defecating). Your doctor or pharmacist will need to consider this when recommending treatment with PROCTOSEDYL; 2) fungal infections such as thrush, in the area of the anus. PROCTOSEDYL does not treat these conditions. Your doctor or pharmacist may need to provide treatment for these conditions. severe or prolonged anal pain or if blood is present in the faeces, in which case you should have a doctor examine the area. Do not use PROCTOSEDYL if you are allergic to it or any of the ingredients listed. Some symptoms of an allergic reaction include skin rash, itching, shortness of breath or swelling of the face, lips or tongue, which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. PROCTOSEDYL OINTMENT may hide signs of infection. As for all steroid preparations, do not use PROCTOSEDYL when infections affecting the anus or surrounding area are present eg. sexually-transmitted diseases such as herpes. PROCTOSEDYL use may hide signs of infection. Do not use PROCTOSEDYL if you have tuberculosis. Some diseases can be made worse by using PROCTOSEDYL. Do not give PROCTOSEDYL to children under 12 years of age. Do not use it after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack.If you use it after the expiry date has passed, it may not work as well. Do not use it if the packaging is torn/damaged or shows signs of tampering. Customer Declaration:
I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.
You can read the full shipping policy here
When you shop with us we offer you this 60 DAY RISK FREE GUARANTEE so you know you can shop with confidence. More Here...
Safe & Secure Online ShoppingOur website is protected by an SSL padlock so you get 100% Safe & Secure during website browsing and shopping.
Other items you might want to order:
- PROCTOSEDYL SUPPOSITORIES 12$21.99Proctosedyl Suppositories are formulated with hydrocortisone to provide relief from the pain and discomfort of haemorrhoids and help reduce anal swelling, rectal lesions and itching.208396