Zantac Relief Tablets 28Be the first one to write a review
$26.99 in stockSKU 2026740
This item is currently out of stock. If you would like us to email you when it is back in stock, send along your email address...
Zantac Relief Tablets 28Zantac Relief Tablets a 12 hour relief from heartburn and indigestion.
What does it do?
Provide effective relief from indigestion, heartburn and symptoms resulting from excess stomach acid.
What are the Ingredients?
Each tablet contains ranitidine 150mg as hydrochloride.
Tell me more about this product
Zantac Relief tablets provide effective relief from indigestion, heartburn and symptoms resulting from excess stomach acid. Unlike simple antacid indigestion remedies which merely neutralise stomach acid, Zantac Relief tablets counter the production of excess acid for at least 12 hours.
Symptoms of Indigestion
- Discomfort and pain between your ribs and navel, when you eat or after you have eaten
- Heartburn or reflux - described as a burning feeling behind your breast bone which usually occurs about 30 minutes after eating or exercising. It is caused when acid moves up from the stomach and irritates the oesophagus (the tube joining your throat and stomach)
- Too much gas, feeling bloated (may be relieved by burping)
- Feeling sick
- Feeling full or needing less food than normal to make you feel full
- A "lump" in your throat or having trouble swallowing
Indigestion can be caused or made worse by:
- Coffee and strong tea
- Spicy and fatty foods
- Other foods eg chocolate and peppermint
- Weight increase
- Rushed or missed meals
- Some medicines, eg aspirin or medicines for arthritis
- Antacids Help to neutralise acid in the stomach.
- provide quick effective relief from symptoms.
- Antacids may interact with some medicines.
If heartburn or reflux is your major symptom an "alginate" may be require. Alginates form a "raft" on top of the contents of your stomach, acting as a barrier between the acid and the oesophagus. This allows the irritated oespohagus to heal and prevents further irritation. It is important to take alginates regularly. Take them after meals and at bed time. Alginates are not antacids, so will not interact with other medicines
Zantac decrease the amount of acid made in the stomach and the total amount of acid in the stomach. This reduces indigestion and reflux symptoms. Zantac should be used when antacids or alginates have not worked.
Changes you can make in your lifestyle to avoid indigestion
- Eat foods high in fiber, eg cereals, fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid eating rich, fatty or very spicy foods
- Eat small amounts of food throughout the day.
- Do not over-eat
- Eat slowly.
- Do not rush meals
- Drink six to eight glasses of water every day.
- Drink less alcohol, coffee, strong tea, chilled or fizzy drinks - or avoid these altogether
- Stop smoking
- If you are overweight, lose weight
- Exercise for at least 20 minutes three times a week.
- Try not to bend or stoop during exercise.
- Bend your knees when picking up things
- Learn to relax and reduce stress
- Go for a short walk after eating
- Finish eating or drinking at least two hours before going to bed
- Wear loose-fitting clothes, especially around your waist
- If you have heartburn at night, try raising the head of your bed by placing 10-15cm blocks under the bed or use extra pillows
Are there any warnings or precautions?
- Do not take H2 antagonists if you are pregnant or breast-feeding unless advised by your doctor
- Do not take medicines for longer than two weeks without advice from your Pharmacist or doctor
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Do not use Zantac Relief if you are taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines unless under supervision of a doctor.
- Use Zantac Relief with care if you are over 40 years of age
- Store below 300C
- Keep out of reach of children
- Please read the enclosed leaflet before use
- If symptoms persist for more than 14 days or recur or worsen please consult your doctor
- Indigestion may be sign of a more serious problem, for example heart problems.Watch for these warning signs:
- Your indigestion is not Helped by the lifestyle changes
- You are over 40 years of age or older and have previously had good digestion
- Your bowel motions are dark, black and look like tar
- Your vomit appears to contain blood or looks like ground coffee
- Your have recently lost weight and/or feel generally unwell
- You have been pain or difficulty swallowing food
- You have pain or difficulty swallowing food
- Your chest pain or burning is not Helped with indigestion medicines
(Adults and children over 12 years)
- Take them when you have indigestion or when you think you might get it, such as between meals and at bed time.
- Swallow one Zantac Relief tablet as soon as you have symptoms.
- Repeat the dose if the symptoms return.
- For them to work properly, antacids have to be taken regularly
- Do not take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- Take medicines and antacids two hours apart
I agree to use strictly as directed and if symptoms persist or if I suffer any adverse effects, I will contact my Doctor or Pharmacist. This is a "Pharmacy Medicine". By ordering this product I acknowledge that I have read and understand the information regarding the product.
You can read the full shipping policy here
When you shop with us we offer you this 60 DAY RISK FREE GUARANTEE so you know you can shop with confidence. More Here...